We left early enough to get there around 9:30, with packed lunches and left around 1 pm. I will definitely do it again!
We went first to the large cats and bear exhibits, knowing that they are usually out first thing in the morning.
Then we headed to the elephants, giraffes and then zebras (a must for Aidan). We got to the elephants right when they were starting to get their baths. I have never seen them so active before. There was this adorable baby elephant and this older elephant (maybe mamma?) who were playing and running around. It was quite a sight.
We had time to go to the aquarium before the sea lion show, which has become Aidan's favorite part. This is a picture of Aidan getting annoyed with me interrupting his viewing of the sea lions. HA!
The only sea lion I took a picture of was this one.
Oops.
After that, we sat down and ate lunch. I finished mine while Aidan chased after the wild birds. Sometimes I wonder if he likes those best. :)
After lunch, when it was getting warmer, we headed to all the other indoor exhibits, stopped by the sea lions one more time, visited the birds and then browsed the store. We finished our day there.
Interestingly, in that 3 1/2 hours, we never made it to the monkey exhibit, which we love. We never made it to the children's area, which I was kind of glad as it would be hard (not impossible) to do with just me and handling both boys. But, that is why having the membership is so great. We can go and not feel as though we NEED to see everything because we can easily come back the next week if we want.
Logan was a dream too! I was so spoiled!! He chilled in his infant seat in the sit N stand stroller we have and played with his toys, napped and just gazed around. PERFECT! I promise he was there even though I unfortunately did not take any pictures of him to prove it. What was I thinking???




2 comments:
Looks so fun! We really have to get to the zoo. I will be a bad parent if we don't go at least once this fall.
We have a membership to the zoo too! I'm not brave enough to go by myself with both girls just yet, but one day we should go together!!! We also have a membership to the children's museum in the Woodlands. ;)
Post a Comment