Wednesday, August 05, 2009

Bedtime and Plate!

Just recently, Aidan has started to request to sleep on the floor. (This is for you Jessica and Joanna!) He doesn't do it all the time, but when he decides he wants to, he is very determined. Between all the battles we have, I honestly don't think this one is worth it.

So, last night when Aidan came out from his room after being in bed for a few minutes and asked Chris if he could do it again, Chris said yes. He took the pillows, covers and all the stuffed animals he normally sleeps with and built Aidan a nice cozy place to sleep. I thought it was a funny sight.

Here is Aidan's make-shift bed on the floor this morning:


Here is what is real bed looked like, minus him:


What surprised me is that he slept there all night long and is at this moment contently sleeping in his bed for his nap. Maybe he realized just how comfy it is after all.

Some of you may remember the plate at Mudpie that I painstakingly painted and had the boys feet prints on broke in the kiln. Mudpie called and offered me a new plate free of charge. I went in about a month ago and put their feet prints on a new plate and left it for them to paint for me. I just didn't have the time again. So, I have been waiting and waiting. Finally, I called yesterday and it was ready for pickup. I just love the plate. What I find interesting is that I saw the finished, broken plate that I painted and it looked exactly like this one, which was the point I know. But, I was surprised at how well I painted the original one. Too bad it broke. :( Plus, Logan's feet on the first plate looked TINY! It is crazy how much they grew between 3 and 4 months of age. Here is a picture of the final, final project:

2 comments:

Paul and Candice said...

Ok, the sleeping on the floor thing is hilarious! Wonder if Paul David will think of that one day!

The plate is adorable! I may have to steal that idea...like for Christmas presents for the g-parents! I love going there and painting, but yes it is time consuming. I'm sorry your other plate broke, but so glad you got to get another one!

The Pences said...

The plate is so cute!! Isn't it funny how they want to sleep on the floor when their comfy bed is right there?! I think it's mostly a control issue, at least for Joanna. For her, it's also partly that by the door on the floor is as close as she can get to Mommy. She's cute. The boys are super cute and so big!