We were one of the first ones to get there and so Aidan and Caleb got to spend a little time together before his other friends came. They greeted each other so cutely and then went off to play with the teather balls. (I write this loosely - HA! Only those who know how Caleb and Aidan play together understand) Let's just say I am glad that they have several of them. :)
When more friends started showing up, we decided to make the rounds to see and feed the animals. Aidan got to pet the bunny rabbits, see the cow, pigs, birds, llamas, goats, sheep, and peacocks. Aidan loved getting to go in with the goats and sheep. He would run and run around inside. Thank goodness this did not scare the animals.
He also got to feed and pet the loose deer. Aidan is so not timid when it comes to them.
Aidan got to ride Junior, the white horse. Last time we went, he would not even get on the horses. Progress!! He loved it!
If you look really closely at this first one, Aidan is just laughing away.
Then of course, Chris got to take him on the train that goes around the property. Fun for Aidan, maybe not for Chris. It was a tight fit! He got to get that pleasure because Logan had to be fed at that point.
During all of this, Logan just hung out in the carrier. He was a real trooper in the hot sun.
About that time it was lunch and then presents and cake. Returning the favor, Aidan "helped" Caleb open his presents. With how they respond to each other sometimes, I am kind of amazed they share opening their presents. The big favorite was a blue stroller from the Vandenberges. It was such a hit at Aidan's birthday that it had to make a comeback for Calebs. Now they have matching ones!!
Right before we left, Aidan followed his older friend, Jacob to the big slide. He was already up it before I realized what was going on. Oops. I think my heart lept into my throat the whole time! He really surprised me with his courage! I think he went down this slide about ten times before I said it was enough. I could only handle it so much.
It was a wonderful birthday party for Caleb and we are so glad we could share in the celebration. The Eges are special people to us!!
Of course, Aidan had to call Caleb yesterday afternoon to officially wish him happy birthday. It was very interesting and cute to hear a conversation between two 3 year olds over the phone. :)




1 comment:
ok, you went post crazy!!! i have been wanting to see that movie too. now i really have to see it! i have been wanting to take the boys to the zoo, but have been hesitant to brave it by myself. we have gone twice, but have had help. did you take a double stroller?
Post a Comment