Friday, September 18, 2009

"It's not fair!"

What age do kids start saying the dreaded words "it's not fair"? At age 3! Entirely too young, in my opinion, and I can't believe it has started this early.

I heard these famous words last night when we were leaving church. Aidan was taking his sweet time getting into his car seat and so I told him to stop playing and to help me get him buckled. He stuck out his bottom lip and was silent. I got in my seat, buckled and started driving away. Then I hear it. WHAT?! You have got to be kidding. I looked back and he has his arms crossed over his chest and is glaring at me. Um, isn't this supposed to happen a bit later? I asked him what was not fair and he answered "mommy".

My 3 year old has jumped straight from toddler hood to teenage years in a blink of an eye. Oh, the joys of all the things they learn from friends at school - my guess as to where he picked this up.

2 comments:

Carrie Murphy said...

haha...so cute...oops..i mean...that's terrible ( i guess i shouldn't think that is cute because it will be happening to me before i know it)

Shaun said...

LOL, this is toooo funny.