Anyway, this past weekend has been actually scheduled for a while now as a riding/camping weekend. We all headed over to my parent's house Friday so we could wake up bright and early and all of us leave to meet Craig, Kati and their kiddos at a riding park about 25 minutes east of Brenham. (By riding I mean 4 wheelers/ATV's for those of you who are new here. This is an activity that has been a part of my life since I was about 6, whith a long hiatus in the middle.)
We got there around 11, spent the night and left around 1:30 the next day. It was a blast and I was quite a bit sore. I am so not used to it! Chris and I are lucky enough to be able to bum off of my parent's 2 ATVs and Craig and Kati's 4 ATVs (one is for the kiddos though). For those of you who have never ridden them, or just kind of putted around on them, you have no idea about the soreness and the amount of excercise you can get by doing some SERIOUS (fast) riding along some very intricate trails. Did I say it was a blast already? Well, it was.
This riding area is thousands of acres amidst cows. (They have right of way!). It really is funny because you will be riding along and take a turn and there is a cow right on the path. Aidan LOVED this. Sunday morning we woke up bright and early and realized that the area we were in was the AM grazing ground for a lot of the cows. What was interesting is that the dogs (who are unleashed while we are there) did not care for the cows invading "their" territory. The dogs kind of went after the cows, barking away. A mother cow turned and ran at them. It was funny to see the dogs run back with their tails between their legs! Look how close they were!
Aidan and Kaetlyn have such a great relationship and just love playing together. They were really interested when some guys riding motorcycles came and rode the small track right by our campsite.
They also really liked playing in the dirt and were a complete mess by the end of the trip. Ok, so we all were.
I should have taken a picture of the inside of the camper/toy hauler, especially with all the beds laid out, but I completely forgot. Here is a picture of it from the outside though. It has 2 full size beds and a couch and table and benches set that all lay out into beds. It also has a small bathroom that includes a shower and a small kitchen with a stovetop and microwave. Can you tell we were "roughing" it? :)
I couldn't help but take some pictures of the babies. They spent a lot of time like this . . .
Here is me with Aidan about to go out for a mini ride.
This is Aidan running after Ginger. Just set Ginger loose and Aidan will get a REAL workout. He was exhausted after this!
Here are some miscellaneous pictures. . .
THANK YOU Craig and Kati for letting us take over your toy hauler and ride your ATVs!! THANK YOU Mom and Dad for also letting us borrow your ATVs. We had a great time!




3 comments:
Chris looks way too clean!
Holy Cow that looks fun!
I always love the pictures of Logan on your adventures. Aidan is having the time of his life and all Logan can do is sit. Poor Logan!! But now that he's crawling he'll begin his own fun!
Post a Comment