Friday, February 27, 2009

Pregnancy Update

So, let me tell you about my crazy day yesterday, which was my last doctor's appointment, one way or the other.

First, let me just say THANK YOU to my mother for taking me on my selfish offer of having her come with me to my doctor's appointment. I just like the company. :) She was such a HUGE help!!!

My mom got to my house in time for her to come with me and drop Aidan off at school. Then, we headed to my doctor's office. When we got there, I got weighed (double gulp) and the usual stuff and sat waiting for my Dr to check me. I was feeling VERY optimistic that some things had been happening during this last week, since nothing had been happening before that, because I had been having a TON of BH contractions. To my utter disappointment, I found out that I was barely dilated and Logan wasn't even dropped. ARGH! She also couldn't do what I really wanted her to do for the past three weeks (sorry if TMI) - strip membranes.

She started feeling around on my belly and told me that I was measuring quite a bit small again. She was really trying to see if we could hurry this thing along. She brought in the smaller ultrasound machine to check a few things and then decided to go ahead and get me to come back later for the larger ultrasound for a more detailed check. But, before I left, she hooked me up to a monitor for 30 minutes to check the heartbeat. Logan's heartbeat was beautiful and did all the accelerations that they were looking for!

So, my mom and I left to eat lunch and do a little shopping. We headed back to my house where we switched cars so she could take mine and go pick up Aidan while I headed back to the doctor to be squeezed in for the ultrasound. After waiting an hour, I finally got sent back.

Yes, he is still measuring a little small (about 6 1/2 pounds) and everything looked fairly well. When the tech woman started measuring the abdomen, she kind of shrugged a little and looked a little closer. Then she asked again how far along I was. Okay, at this point I am a bit worried. She didn't seem completely concerned, but it was enough for her to leave the room and go get my Dr to look at everything she found. Evidently Logan's abdomen is measuring about 3 weeks behind. Dr. B told me that if I was dilated even to a 2, she would send me to the hospital that day to be induced, but since my body is not really progressing and we only have one more week before the scheduled induction date, she thinks we should wait. Neither of us wanted to risk having to have a c-section if I did not respond well to inducing. So, here I am, for another week.

This past week has been really rough with Aidan. I believe, beyond just the normal 2 year old stuff, that he knows Logan is coming soon and is already starting to act out. The rest of the afternoon was spent with the little tyrant. I love him, but I wanted to so pull my hair out. I think I am more frustrated about having to wait another week because of what is going on with Aidan. I almost feel that it would be better for Logan to get here and we can adjust and deal with the change. All this lingering time is grating on both our nerves. It seems kind of strange and funny to me that my one child is driving me crazy, so I am eager for the second one to get here so I can deal with two children at the same time. But, that is how I feel. Call me crazy.

One way or the other, we will be heading to the hospital in less than a week for Logan to join our family.

I realize this is a little long, but I think I needed to rant a little bit. :) Sorry!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is not crazy to anyone who's been pregnant. No matter what the circumstances, or how little sense it makes, at 39 weeks, you want that baby OUT. :-) I love keeping up with you here, and wish you all the best this coming week! So exciting!!

Carrie Murphy said...

This time next week, you will have that beautiful baby!

Shaun said...

No worries about TMI - we've all been there done that! Praying for you guys!

The Pences said...

We are so excited for you guys! We can't wait to meet Logan -- he'll be here tomorrow!!

Julia and Cody said...

Happy Baby Day (hopefully)!!