Thursday, February 05, 2009

The big 30!

On January 30th, I reached a milestone age - 30! I have to admit that it was not a bad birthday year to turn, but I was not thrilled about it either. Being 35 weeks pregnant, uncomfortable and tired probably had a lot to do with that!

I was, however, looking forward to the weekend of celebration. We met my mom and dad around 9:30 am Saturday and dropped Aidan off with them. He ended up spending the whole day, night and much of Sunday with just them. Chris and I piddled around. We went to Baby daze at our church (a huge baby consignment), then we ate lunch, went to The Woodlands to look at some baby boutique stores over there, saw a movie (Taken - AWESOME!), window-shopped at the mall and finished the evening eating dinner at The Cheesecake Factory. It was heavenly, but by the end of it all, I was exhausted. There is just something about shopping and piddling around without a toddler that just makes me happy. I missed him dearly, but it was wonderful. This was kind of our last little outing before Logan comes and we will be kept busy for a while.

We slept in Sunday morning and watched a movie, Lord of the Rings, at home. Yes, we stayed home from church. We originally were going to go, but lounging around in the morning without a little one sounded too good come morning. Then around 2:30 or so, we headed over to my parent's house to hang out for the Super Bowl and to pick up Aidan.

Aidan had a blast with my parents. They rode 4-wheelers and did all sorts of fun things. In fact he was so tired from it all that he took almost a 4 hour nap Sunday afternoon! The weekend finished with an awesome Super Bowl game. Talk about exciting. Thank goodness too, because I was not impressed with the commercials this year. I think my favorite one was the tire one (Bridgestone I think) where they are driving on the moon, get out of their vehicle and start dancing around, only to come back and find their vehicle on blocks because their tires were taken. Lame explanation, I know, but I laughed pretty hard on that one.

Anyway, here's to moving on to another decade!!

1 comment:

Carrie Murphy said...

Can't wait to see ya'll this weekend. I can't believe you have less than a month to go!