Sunday, November 23, 2008

Pence Baby Shower and Family Get together

Yesterday was a busy day for me. I got to help host a baby shower for one of my dear friends, Jessica. She is expecting baby #2, a girl. Her little Joanna is going to be having a little sister! Since the shower was the weekend before Thanksgiving, we decided to make it Fall themed. We had yummy pumpkin soup and muffins, delicious pecans and cookies as well as hot cider and a giant cookie cake. We women were in heaven. I also have to say that we are getting really good at hosting baby showers in our little group. We can't stop having babies! :-)

Here are the pictures of the cookie cake and the decorated table.



This is a picture of Jessica, along with the hostesses. Well, almost all of them. Amanda was unable to make it as she was in California, but she is the one who did the fantastic centerpiece and decorations. She is awesome and was missed!


That evening, my parents and my Aunt Miriam and my cousin, Mark came over for dinner. Miriam and Mark live in San Diego and I haven't seen them in 15 years! The last time I saw Mark, he was 3!! Miriam's brother lives in Baytown, about 35 minutes away, and her parents who live in Guatemala came to visit and stayed with him. So, Miriam and Mark made the trip as well. It was such a treat to get to catch up. We also got to introduce them to a new phenomenon called a cookie cake (see above). We had quite a bit left over from the shower so we got to eat off of it for desert at my house too. Can you believe they have never heard of this? I think they approved. I also think Miriam has convinced me to come and visit in a couple of years, once Logan is here and is a year or two. Actually, I don't think it took too much convincing as it really just needs to be done. Not only would it be fabulous to take Chris and Aidan (and Logan) to San Diego for the first time, but it would be great to visit with family again. Miriam, you may be getting a phone call in the next year or two!!



Boy do I look REALLY pregnant here. I think it was from all the cookie cake and carbs from the day. :-)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Dear Theresa,
Our first trip to Houston was complete after our visit with you. We had a lovely time seeing you after all these years and seeing Randy and Barbara again. Aidan is so cute! It was so nice meeting Chris as well. We enjoyed the delicious dinner and Mark was impressed with the cookie cake, because he kept talking about it. Thank you so much for your hospitality!
We are looking forward to seeing you here in San Diego.
Our love to you all,
Miriam and Mark
p.s. Kelly sends his love too.