Okay, so I know I have posted several updates today, but I have just had the time and been in the mood. :-)
This does not include any pictures, but I wanted to just mention what a big boy Aidan is becoming. This morning at church, we went to drop him off at the nursery/school. Usually he starts crying and really gives us a guilt trip, which doesn't really work since we know the crying does not last long. This morning he opened the door and walked in by himself and started playing while I signed him in. When I was done I think he realized that Chris and I were about to walk away and so he started to head for the door. He stopped and I waved at him, he waved back and then we blew kisses at each other. That was it. We walked away and not a peep! He did this last week at MDO too - maybe not quite so calmly, but almost.
Bedtime/naptime has also been going much more smoothly. We have been counting down to it saying something like "10 minutes until night night" or "We are going to go brush our teeth after you finish your drink". Then when the time is up and we tell him or he finishes with what he was doing, he just walks very calmly to his room or bathroom and is ready to do the routine. When we leave his room, he rarely makes much of a fuss and has started to, for the most part, stay in his room. Have I mentioned he is in a toddler bed and can get out whenever he wants? No tears - yeah!
Anyway, Aidan is growing up and becoming such a sweetie. My heart just melted today when, as I was leaving for ensemble practice, he gave me a hug, blew me a kiss and said "Bye, bye Mommy. I love you." Awww.
Sunday, November 23, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment