We, along with Rachel and Alyx, spent the night over at my parent's house that Friday evening, knowing that we were going to be leaving the house fairly early on Saturday morning. Our plans were to spend Saturday afternoon, night and Sunday morning there and then leave around lunchtime. Craig, Kati and Kaetlyn joined us there as well. It was a family reunion of sorts! :-)
The day was beautiful even though it was extremely windy and cold. We all got to ride around the land, which was awesome! You would be riding along and all of a sudden come upon a cow right next to you. This was one of Aidan's and Kaetlyn's favorite parts I think. Don't tell my doctor, but I even rode some. I took it very easy and just rode on the main straightaway trails with very little bumps. I just really enjoyed taking Aidan out with me. I think we have a fanatic on our hands. I have blogged before that Aidan LOVES the ATVs and it just became worse this trip. He wanted to ride all day long, which my mom, Chris and I would give in on. Of course we had to take turns with Kaetlyn who has also proved to be a fan. I think we need more ATVs! We had two to share. When Kaetlyn and Aidan weren't riding the big ones, they were putting along on their little ones that Grandma and Pop pop bought. Too cute!!!





When night came, we made us a fire and made smores, hot chocolate, hot apple cider and even popcorn, to Aidan's delight. We even took little night rides, which was also fun. Aidan and I "raced" Craig and Kaetlyn (or putted beside each other) during one of these rides and tied. :-) Not only did this place have fantastic trails, but there were race trails too. The one we went on was straight and when we came back there were little hills that Aidan got all excited about.




Chris, Aidan and I shared a cabin with my parents (bless them!). Aidan actually shared the queen bed with my mom and me, while my dad and Chris slept on the two twin beds in the room. Aidan was a real wiggly worm, throwing his hands and feet on top of first me and then my mom. Needless to say, we didn't sleep too well. I thought it was funny until he started throwing up. No wonder he was a wiggly worm. He threw up again several times in the morning and then in the car on the ride back. Poor little guy! Luckily it didn't seem to affect him in other ways. He was just as happy and energetic as before, but then all of a sudden would get sick. Hmm.
It was a fantastic weekend,despite the illness. I came to the realization that the next time we did this, we would have another family member, which would mean we would need to get our own room. I am sure my parent's would not mind. :-)
I took pictures of everybody, but my camera was on the fritz, and some of the pictures did not turn out. :-( I think I need a new camera.




No comments:
Post a Comment