This morning was my first official doctor's appointment for this pregnancy. It was quite a morning and helped me feel like this is more real.
It started off by me realizing about 20 minutes before the appointment that I had forgotten to register all my medical history/background stuff on-line. I thought I had already done it, then after gathering the documents they mailed to me to fill out, I realized I hadn't. So, I rush to get on and start it. I looked at the clock - 8:53 (7 minutes before my appointment - the doctor's office is literally across the street from my neighborhood) and realized that I had only completed 9 out of 24 pages. Oops, this was not going to work. So I decided to go ahead and go, being honest and apologetic about my shortcomings.
Chris, Aidan and I (yes, I said Aidan, which was Chris' idea) packed in the car and headed to the office. Once I got there, I pretty much got put in my place and got those looks. You know, the looks that say " I can't believe how inconsiderate you are." Oh well. They load me up on their computer and got me to my page, which luckily saved my info that I had just put in, and quickly finished. All this, while they are telling me that most patients get there early to do paperwork and that they will have to inform my doctor that I will be making her appointments late. Meanwhile, Aidan is running around like a crazy child, obviously excited about Daddy being with us. At this point I had misgivings about switching doctors.
Once I was done, I got pulled back, weighed (always fun), all the basics that I won't bore you with and then met my doctor, Dr. Barnsfather. My misgivings were erased. I really like her and she was so nice to Aidan - a definite plus. She confirmed pretty much what I thought: I am 10 weeks and 3 days pregnant, my due date is March 3rd and there is only one in there (thank goodness!). Aidan was intrigued by the "movie", or the ultrasound of little baby Rucker moving like crazy on the screen. Then, we were off with vitamins and all the other goodies, including a picture of the little peanut.
So, I feel pregnant now. I have to admit that I had a conversation with Chris about the chance of my cycle being way off and us coming in to find out I am delusional - not pregnant. That thought was crazy, I know. Believe me when I say that the change in the way my clothes fit should explain it enough. It just felt like forever until it was confirmed. Anyway, we haven't officially scheduled it, but we should be finding out the sex of this peanut somewhere around the middle of October. It seems so far away, but I am sure it will fly.
The rest of the morning was spent at Old Town Spring with my mom and niece, Alyx. We had fun browsing and eating some fab lunch. Aidan did great and really enjoyed the trains that kept on going by. Choo, Choo. He conked out in the car as soon as we left and unfortunately decided to wake up when we got home. He had a mere 25 minute nap. Luckily, he didn't really act like that's all he slept for the rest of the day. I think the opening ceremonies of the Olympics really helped. For about an hour or so, Aidan kept on oohing, aahing and wowing. It was really cute.
Thank you for letting me ramble on and sticking with me, for those of you that did. I will have to post the picture of little peanut later. I am ready to go to bed now. Goodnight.
Friday, August 08, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




3 comments:
It seems to me that forgetting to input stuff for your appt is something A LOT of pregnant women would forget to do. The staff should be used to it! Lookin' forward to seeing that peanut!
march 3rd is grey's b-day! good job.
march 3rd is grey's b-day! good job.
Post a Comment