Tuesday, August 26, 2008

What a weekend!!

This past weekend went by so quickly!! We had a blast! It started off on Saturday morning going to Caleb Ege's 2nd Birthday party. Aidan had such a blast running around and playing with all of his friends. Caleb received many train gifts to complete a set that his parent's were getting for him and Aidan decided at one point to take all the opened train gifts and pile them by where he was sitting. I guess we know what we need to get him for Christmas! Choo, choo. It was really so cute.

After the party, we headed over to my parent's house and spent the rest of the weekend over there. My Aunt Kathy and her friend, Ray, drove down from Pennsylvania and I was thrilled to be able to hang out. What was even more fun was that her birthday was on Sunday, so we were able to celebrate with her. I just love my Aunt! We always have a blast talking and playing cards. She also brought a box of really neat things that my grandmother set aside for me when she sold her house and downsized. In fact, we all got a box, which freed up some serious room in my Aunt's car for the drive back. I just love it all and think it was wonderful for my grandmother to think of us!! I will treasure everything.







Sunday afternoon proved to be quite entertaining when Alyx pulled out her french horn and played for us. Aidan is always intrigued by it and Alyx is such a sweet cousin to let him push the buttons while she plays. He takes this very seriously! Then my family realized that Alyx could play the notes from Close Encounters (you know that old alien movie where they try to communicate with the spaceship by using specific notes). This may be way over some of your heads - does it make any sense? Anyway, Alyx started playing it, everyone started singing the notes with gusto along with her. Aidan was so intrigued with my Aunt during this trip that he started copying her and singing the notes as well. What a hoot! I really wish I had my video camera out for that! Actually, my cameras were all packed when we decided to take some photos of everyone at the end of the day, so I will have get some of those pictures from my mom.




Sunday evening we said our goodbyes and came home to rest before the start of the week. It is always so sad saying goodbye to my Aunt! Sniff, sniff.

Here are more mini-pool pictures from this weekend.



No comments: