This morning I took Aidan for his 2 year check-up. He is still on the longer side, but is average for his weight (29.8 lbs.). He did so great! He stood on the scale by himself, which he has fought before, and stood up against the wall to get measured. Once that was done, we went to the exam room and began out wait. It was a bit long, but I have to remember that it is a Friday after all. Luckily I came prepared with fun stuff. I brought some fun cars, one of the doodle pro boards and crayons. For most of the time, he just colored on the paper that covers the table. We worked on letters, shapes and colors. I should have taken a picture of the final product - it was really quite cute!
When Dr. Harper came in and checked him out, we discussed his talking, walking, eating and sleeping habits. He is looking good, but we are supposed to just keep an eye on his talking. Aidan is so funny. He will say his alphabet letters "B" and "D" perfectly. He will say words like "dog, down, ball, bed" perfectly well too. But with most other "B" words, Aidan likes to change out to a "D". For example, bubbles becomes duddles, blanket is danket, etc. We think it is fine, but if he continues with this, we may eventually take him to a speech therapist for a consultation. At this point, because he is saying some words properly, I am not too concerned.
He is also having a problem with his chin. For those of you who have been around him in the last month, you may have noticed his chin looking a bit red and dry. He has been experiencing with some fun sounds lately and the drool just pours out. Aidan has sensitive, dry skin anyway, so this has not helped. No biggy though. We are just supposed to put some med. on it until it clears and try to keep it dry but lotioned up as much as possible. Easier said than done with a two year old! Oh well, I am sure it will be fine.
We did have good news though, Aidan's shot schedule included just one shot today. And, unless the schedule changes, Aidan's next round of shots will be at his 4 year check-up! Yeah - two year break! That is until this new little one comes.
Friday, August 01, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comment:
I definitely need to remember to bring fun stuff for the wait in the exam room. I never remember how horribly boring that room is to a toddler until we're there. Great idea about coloring on the exam table! Good seeing you guys today at Target!
Post a Comment