Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Alyx's Birthday!

It is so hard for me to believe that my niece, Alyx, is 13! She is a full-fledged teenager! I remember vividly when she was born - I was just 16! I loved being a young aunt, even though I lived in Beaumont and she was in Houston. What a great little girl she was and what a fantastic teenager she is now. I hope I am as lucky as my sister with how sweet she is!

For her birthday, we decided to celebrate the day after our beach trip so that Craig, Kati and Kaetlyn could join in the celebration. We of course had a blast and Alyx got hooked up with some pretty amazing gifts!

After the celebration, we headed out to my parent's backyard to let Aidan experience the mini-pool (the hot tub). He really liked it due to all the fun toys my mom bought for it. What strikes me as so funny is that I remember Alyx being about Aidan's age and floating around in that same hot tub surrounded by a ton of toys. I guess the tradition continues.






No comments: