Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Another month has come and gone!

UPDATE!!! HERE ARE THE PICS!!!!



Last time I updated, I felt as though I was having to play catch-up and swore I would do better. Oops. Here I go again - it has almost been a month. I know I keep on using the excuse of life being crazy, but it is just so true! We have been out of town several weekends, had some more crazy illnesses going around and now that I am starting to work more during Aidan's Mother's Day Out program, I am having a hard enough time keeping up with the cleaning and the laundry. I have no idea how moms manage everything when working full time out side of the home. You guys ROCK!!!

That being said, I guess I should tell you what we have been up to. The last weekend in September, we all headed to Austin to celebrate Kaetlyn's first birthday and my brother's 30th birthday. But, before we left on Sat. morning, we (including Aidan) went to an Astros game that Friday night. My mother's company once a year reserves a section and a party room (Mezzanine - for those who know) for their employees and families. Being huge Astros fans, in spite of this last season (Yuck!) we always go. This year was different in that Aidan came with us. He did great! Of course, we had to take a break or two to roam around, but he seemed to enjoy all the commotion. Right after the Friday night games, there is always a huge fireworks show. So Aidan even got to sit through his first real fireworks. Except for the very beginning and the very end, he was mesmerized. For those of you who have never been and stayed for the fireworks, you need to! It is probably one of the best productions I have ever seen!

Saturday morning we woke up bright and early to drive to Austin for the festivities and to spend the night. It was a great party! There were a ton of kids and a ton of presents, as there should be for a first birthday party. Kaetlyn seemed to enjoy the icing of her cake until, of course, she got it smeared all over and got sticky. Evidently she does not care too much for making that kind of mess. But, her daddy was around to save her! There is an adorable picture of them both in the slide show, to be coming.

Sunday morning, Chris and I drove back to Houston to make it to Craig Biggio's last game, as he retired this year. My fantastic parents took care of Aidan for us - he even drove back to Houston with them! This was convenient since the tickets we had were standing room only and would have been a little difficult with him with us. Thank you again Mom and Dad!!! The game was great and it was a fitting send-off for Biggio, although a sad one. I have to admit I even got a little misty-eyed.

All in all, this was a great weekend. Now, for the pictures . . . I will upload them
soon. I promise!

1 comment:

Julie said...

Nice to see you finally posted:)

Is Aidan doing better at Mother's Day Out?

Can't wait to see the pictures.