Sunday, October 14, 2007

Lots Going On

Aidan has really started to enjoy his ATV that my parents got him for his birthday. In fact, he plays with it many different ways and I am posting pictures as proof! :-) He rides it normally, rides it backwards and then uses it as a walker. I just thought it was too cute not to mention.





We are also starting to introduce the spoon and fork for him to use at meals. Aidan is very interested in these utensils, but as for now, has decided his hands are still is favorite, especially since they are much faster!




I also wanted to give everyone an update on something that has caused me a lot of worry and stress . . . Mother's Day Out. Aidan is still going and has actually started to show some pretty big improvements. He still gets upset when I drop him off and is easily frazzled during the time he is there, but he has started to calm down and play some too! After much thought and discussion with family and friends, I have decided that it is the structure of the program that has him spooked. I figured this because Aidan seems to enjoy the nursery at church much better. Did I say enjoy? That may not be the right word at this moment - but I think he is almost getting there. The problem with MDO is that they are constantly moving from one activity to another, which I originally thought would be a good thing for distraction, but not for my sensitive little guy. I think it changes so quickly he is not able to get adjusted and get comfortable before they move on to the next thing. But, like I said, we are making steps forward. Thank you everyone for the prayers. I can see they are working!!!

Lastly, this weekend we went camping (okay - we were in cabins)/ATVing with my parents and my brother, his wife and baby. We went to a site near Hallitsville (about 2 1/2 hours away), which seemed in the middle of nowhere. We had a great time and really enjoyed everything, except Aidan decided he didn't want to sleep much. I think he was having indigestion or something. It was a really rough night. Now, this site is about 400 acres and we had to share the trails with some cows - MOO (an immediate follow-up for Aidan's benefit!). It was crazy turning a corner and there right next to you are a couple cows grazing freely. I imagine they have become used to all the dirt bikes because they really wouldn't even bother acknowledging us as we passed. At one point during the evening, about 12 of them came right near our cabins and the kiddos seemed to get a kick out of it. Anyway, we had our camera with us the whole time, but only took it out this morning as we were packing up. Oops. I was able to snap a few shots of Aidan playing/struggling with a water bottle. Sorry the pictures are not more exciting.

2 comments:

The Beasley's said...

I'm so glad MDO is starting to go better. By the end of it all, he'll be wanting to go everyday, but it will be summertime ;-) ha! The camping sounds great...I can do cabins, and Josh would've LOVED that!

Julie said...

So glad to hear MDO is going better. Adjustment just takes time.

Bailey is also interested in silverware (momentarily). It's hard for him to scoop up his food so he loses intrest quickly.

Have a great week!