Aidan turned 15 months old on the 8th of this month. One of the main milestones for this age is yet another doctor's visit, which includes weigh-in statistics and some more shots. Aidan handled the appointment pretty well, especially since we ended up waiting for a little while in the exam room. It is getting harder and harder to keep Aidan entertained during these types of times. He ended up pretty much running in circles and/or climbing on and off the chairs in his diaper. I did bring some "newer" toys, which lasted all of a few minutes. I guess I will need to prepare better next time. At least he wasn't screaming in frustration - I am sure we will have one of those public meltdowns soon enough though.
Now, for his stats. He weighed in at 22 pounds 8 1/2 ounces (25th percentile) and is 31 1/4 inches long (50th percentile). Everything looks good according to the doctor. He did point out that Aidan is teething and swollen with 3 molars and two small front teeth at the moment. Believe me, I knew that. Aidan is seeming to handle the teething experience a little better now.
Of course we got to finish him off with two immunizations and the first half of the flu shot. Yippee. He screamed, but calmed down pretty quickly - enough to give the nurse a smile as we were leaving. How about that!
Aidan is a high-spirited, talkative, exploring and sometimes feisty toddler and we are having a blast with him! Even if we are a little exhausted. :-)
Wednesday, October 17, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




2 comments:
What a blessing to have healthy children! I totally feel your pain on the waiting in the exam room thing. One idea we do is bring crayons so we can draw on the paper on the table while we wait.
glad everything's going well with aidan!
Post a Comment