"Help!!" is not what I think Aidan was trying to get across this morning, but you never know.
I was busily packing up for my girl's weekend (Yeah!!) when my doorbell rings. I pick up Aidan and peek out to see who it is - as I have become more careful about opening the door to strangers. To my surprise, there was a uniformed police man standing on my front porch. Evidently, they received a 911 hang-up from our number and when they called back, our line was showing busy. So, they came and checked on us. When he told me this, my jaw dropped and I just turned my head and stared at Aidan. About 10 - 15 minutes before our doorbell rang, I found our cordless phone on the floor and still on, which explains the busy signal they got. You see, Aidan LOVES our phone and I guess now we need to watch him more carefully. Of course, I apologized profusely and the nice policeman laughed it off, as he has some little ones at home too.
Oops! I guess this is a warning to everyone else out there. :-)
Friday, October 26, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




3 comments:
That is TOO funny and ironic because Caleb has gotten a hold of our phone a few times recently (we usually never let him have it). Matt said we should be careful with this because he does press buttons and he may end up calling France or something. Just in my head, I thought "or maybe 911". I can't believe I just thought that and then it actually happened to you guys! What are the chances of him pressing that order of buttons?! That's definitely a story to remember and tell him later on!
Yikes! Good to know! I can't believe you were sick again! You guys need to quarantine yourselves so that y'all quit passing it to each other
guess what? owen called 911 this week too. aren't they smart? we got a home visit as well.tiffany
Post a Comment