Sunday, July 26, 2009

The Circus

Saturday Chris and I took the boys to the circus. I have only been once in my life and let's just say it has been a while. :) I loved it and thought that Aidan would get a kick out of it. So, off we went.

We decided to go to the 11:30 showing, figuring that it would still allow Aidan to take a nap afterwards and Chris and I could still go out for the evening to celebrate our anniversary.

When we got to Reliant stadium, we were immediately overwhelmed with all the random circus paraphernalia one could buy. No, the horribly expensive random circus paraphernalia. But, I still have the one thing I got from my circus experience, well it is at my parent's house actually, and I really wanted Aidan to have his one momento too. We decided to take it all in and figure out what would be the best thing to steer Aidan towards (he is still at that age where most of the time we can direct him towards something).

We found our seats, the cheap seats. This worked out perfectly for us because it was the very last row pretty much at the end. So, when Logan, who decided not to take a nap on the way, got over-tired and thus overwhelmed right at first, I was able to make a quick exit. Once I calmed him down I was able to sneak in behind our seats and rock him to sleep. Back row was extremely conveniant here. See below:

(Not the most flattering shot, but it proved my point)

Aidan was completely entranced and was laughing with the audience at all the right times, after all the funny jokes. He was so cute! Then, Aidan's favorite part of the whole circus began. The motorcycles. They did this death circle thing where seven motorcycles rode into this huge ball and they started riding at the same time, going in circles, narrowly missing each other. Aidan LOVED this!

Aidan completely drawn in to the action.

Of course, we couldn't resist taking a few shots of us either.

None of these boys were cooperating here.

Oh, got a couple!

This is the only picture with me and both boys. I thought it was funny with Aidan stuffing popcorn in his mouth (he ate most of it!) and Logan peeking out from in my hair.

The intermission came and when Chris went and took Aidan to the little boys room, he came back with this elephant cup/souvenir glass filled with a rainbow snow cone. What a brilliant idea! I knew whatever we got would be expensive, but instantly saw that we would be able to label this Aidan's official ice cream bowl/cup at home. Future use! Not just a random silly hat that would get forgotten and thrown away. Little did I know that we would put it to good use soon enough! More on that soon.

After intermission, you could tell that some kids were missing their naptime or it was coming soon because they were either restless and getting louder or were sitting a little too quietly on a parent's lap, which was the case with Aidan. He did perk up when the tigers came out and then the elephants came on. Aww, the elephants. I think this was Aidan's second favorite thing! Here are some pictures of this - not very good ones though, but you get the idea.




The circus ended. Aidan was tired but was handling it well, Logan was very interested in everything around him and Chris and I were glad we went and were ready to drop the kids off at my mom's for a nice evening alone. So, we joined in with the crowd and headed to the car.

Before we left, we tried to get Aidan to go to the restroom with no luck so we were not surprised but still annoyed that when we finally reached our car, Aidan declared he needed to pee - now! Oops. I looked around and realized we had a decision to make. So we dropped Aidan's pants, positioned him between our two driver's side doors and tried to get him to pee standing up. Okay, so the logistics of this is tricky with little boys. This is when Chris gets a bright idea and asks for that wonderful souvenir cup. Yes folks, Aidan initiated that cup by peeing in it. Hey, we did what we had to do and made sure to applaud Aidan's courage to pee like big boys do when they find themselves in this situation. HA!

No comments: