
Aidan is 3 today! It is so hard to believe that my boy is already 3. These 3 years have been the most rewarding and challenging of my life.
3 years ago, this morning, Aidan was born in the midst of an extremely emotional time. The day I went into labor was the same day as the funeral for Chris' mom, Kathy. It was a surprisingly beautiful promise from God and a wonderful blessing for everyone.
Aidan looked just like his daddy, which is now funny considering most people say he looks more like me. He also was an extremely calm and easy-going baby in the hospital. All the nurses swore that he would stay that way - they could tell. I realize now they probably tell all the new moms that. Aidan has wonderful personality, but quickly became quite a spirited one once we came home. It has only continued from then on. Aidan definitely keeps me on my toes on a daily basis, but I wouldn't trade any moments with him for anything! I love that boy!
We spent the 4th of July celebrating his birthday. The morning was the friends' party, basically our home group crew. It was so nice that everyone was able to come and play with Aidan. What made it even more special was that the Eges surprised us and came. They just recently moved to Austin and Aidan has really missed his pal Caleb. We had bubbles set up and of course Aidan's new swingset in the backyard (present from Mommy and Daddy, and Grandma and Pop Pop). There were kids running all over the place and it was wonderful. He received some wonderful gifts from his friends, but I have to say that the blue stroller brought the most excitement from the two boys (Aidan and Caleb) at the party. There are quite a few girls in the group and whenever we end up at their houses the pretty pink strollers are a hit! I have been keeping my eye out for a blue one for Aidan to no avail.
We had a nice break and then the evening family party began. We had both sides of the family and some family friends over. Boy was Aidan spoiled and he has been playing with all his new toys ever since. It has been keeping him nice and busy, which I always appreciate! :) As the evening turned dark, we shot off some nice fireworks, trying to compete with our neighbors. The kids, Kaetlyn and Aidan, really liked them once they got over their initial uncertainty. But the best thing in their mind was the glow bracelets and sticks. Note to self for next year!
Thank you everyone for coming to celebrate with us! It was a whirlwind day! We are hoping to get a new computer in the next couple of weeks, so I will post some pictures then, along with many more I have been promising.




No comments:
Post a Comment