Monday, September 08, 2008

Amanda's Baby Shower

I helped host my friend, Amanda's, shower this past Saturday evening. The set-up was a little bit different because this is her third child (she already has a son, Jack, and a daughter, Abby). So, she decided that a wipes and diaper shower would be more ideal for their situation.

We had to be a little bit creative since we wanted it to be special and fun for everyone, especially since there were not going to be any opening of the presents. So, we decided to hold it at The Mudpie, which is this pottery painting store. They have this really neat mirror that is surrounded by 20 tiles. We thought this was the perfect idea (and gift for Amanda from the hostesses) for the shower. Everyone that came got to paint a tile in the coordinating colors of baby Noah's nursery. It turned out fantastic!! What a special addition to the nursery!!! Here is a picture of the finished tiles around the mirror. They are going to fire the tiles and paint the frame white to match the nursery.



I decided to volunteer to do the cake again. I think I enjoyed it more this time since I kind of knew what I was doing. I decorated it similar to the last one with a few changes. I think it turned out cute and was yummy. Here are some pictures of the cake, the food table, gifts (diapers and wipes) and of the hostesses around Amanda (Amanda is in the middle). Sorry Shaun - I only had one picture and realized your eyes were closed.




1 comment:

Julie said...

where do you buy your decorative materials (was that fondant?)