We had a blast, although I wonder if Heather was ready for us to leave by the end of the weekend. If she was, she hid it well. :-) A day in the life with a baby is a bit overwhelming! We got to just hang out and get some serious eating done. We also got to get to know her new leading man, Mark, a little bit more. Boy do we have some stories! ha ha. I love San Antonio!
On Saturday, we went to the zoo, where Aidan got to see lots of neat animals and even got to pet and feed a goat - he really enjoyed that! He was also interested in the elephants and kangaroos. The Hyenas seemed to be VERY intrigued by Aidan. They were pacing around and one actually had a staring contest with Aidan - Aidan won of course! We spent three hours there, which was just a perfect amount of time before we got completely worn out. Aidan even got a little T-shirt - thanks to Aunt Heather.
At Heather's house, Aidan's favorite thing to do was to stand up on one of Heather's chests in her living room. I believe it is a family heirloom and it has this really ornate iron work on the front in the shapes of horses and such. Aidan liked tracing the horses with his hands and talking to them. They became fast friends.
Of course we even got a little girl time in, which included a stop at Target and Kohls. Surprising? I think not. We came back from that little spree to find Aidan asleep on Chris. So precious!
All in all, it was a fabulous trip. I just wish we could do it more often.




1 comment:
Sounds like y'all had a great time! Aidan will be quite the traveler after your trip this weekend! Can't wait to see you guys. The pictures of Aidan at the zoo were so cute!
Post a Comment