Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Christmas Lights

To start the Christmas festivities off, I thought I would post some pictures of the outside of our house decorated for the season.

This year was the very first year we put up lights, thanks to my dad who decided after my mom purchased boxes and boxes of new blue lights that he did not want to put lights up on the house anymore. So, we got those boxes and went through only a portion on our small house.

I am so glad we put them up this year because Aidan LOVED them! He also loved that they were blue - his favorite color he tells us. :)

This year we also decided to get some yard art - the red "JOY" letters to spotlight. I don't think we realized how many of our friends have these letters until we purchased them and set them up. I think it was one of those things like when you purchase a new car and all of a sudden you see your car EVERYWHERE. Honestly, I don't mind because I LOVE them! It was funny though whenever we drove by someones house that had them and Aidan would scream "those are our J O Y letters!"





This season was definitely very alive and exciting for Aidan. Surprisingly Logan even got into it too. But, more on that later.

2 comments:

Julia and Cody said...

I want those letters too! I've seen them at a few houses and love them!! Where'd you get them?

Carrie Murphy said...

I love the JOY yard art!!