I had a post about Logan and Ginger and thought it was only right to have a post about Aidan and Ginger too because they have a new relationship going on.
They are sleeping buddies.
When Ginger was a puppy, we started letting her sleep on our bed. It was fine and cute and she was very little. Well, she got bigger. She is a lab after all. She got so big and so very demanding of her sleep space that we kind of got sick of her almost pushing us off of our bed. So, when we moved into the house, we decided enough was enough.
Ginger has been sleeping on a little bed we created on our bedroom floor or under the beds or on the futon during the day or on the couch when we are gone ever since. (She is not allowed on the couch, but I KNOW she gets on there.)
I have not felt too bad for her because I always envisioned one day her sleeping with one of our kids on their bed. That day has come. Ginger has been sleeping with Aidan for a week now and they are both thrilled with it. In fact, I can tell during the day that they have really started to bond, which is really cute. It also makes me really happy because once the kids came around, Ginger did not get all the attention she once did.
Don't get me wrong, she still sleeps about 60% of the day, but now she perks up even more when Aidan comes around. Now I just have to sneak in there one evening to take a picture.
Tuesday, June 08, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comment:
very cute doggie stories! i'd love for junior to sleep with anna too. maybe we'll have to try it soon... :)
Post a Comment