Thank you everyone for your concern over Aidan's hives. Luckily, they were pretty much gone by the next weekend and he has not had another outbreak of them since. So, that pretty much clinches it for me, he is allergic to penicillin. As for me, I have had a few random hive outbreaks as well. It's catching! Just kidding. Every once in a while something just pushes my sensitive skin over the edge and it has happened for several days. Do you see where Aidan gets it? Anyway, my hives lasted off and on for a week and now I haven't had any other reactions either. (Knock on wood).
We have been doing a lot on the weekends and luckily after this month, things should start slowing down. With the rising gas prices, we moved our road trips (San Antonio and Dallas) before summer hits full on. We had a ton of fun and are glad we crammed everything early.
In April, we went to Fort Worth to visit Jay, Julie and Bailey. We had a great time catching up and even got to take Aidan (and Bailey) to the movies for the first time. We took them to see Horton Hears A Who. What a great movie for the boys! They both did fantastic and were completely engrossed in the movie - and the popcorn! :-) Aidan decided he did not really want to sleep much during that trip and had a few melt downs because of it, but we still had a great time.
We have also gone to Beaumont a few times to visit family and to attend some showers for Chris' cousin, Cody and his fiance' Julia. They are getting married May 31st. Weddings are so much fun. I have decided though, after going to their shower, that everyone should have a shower every ten years of their marriage. Now that Chris and I are getting closer to that mark (9 years this July), it would be nice to get new things again.
The one downer over this month has been a little wreck I was in. I was at a light and was looking down. The light turned green, I saw the lane next to me start to move out of the corner of my eye, thought I saw the truck in front of me move and so pressed the gas. Oops. The truck in front of me had not moved yet . . . that is until I hit him. Everyone is fine, but our car has been in the shop for almost 3 weeks and we have been in a rental. I miss my car.
This weekend was a celebration weekend. Saturday we celebrated Abby Beasley's first birthday. Josh and Amy hosted a great party and we all had a blast watching Abby "open" her presents and eat her cake. She is so precious. Then, Sunday was Mother's Day. Whew - it was busy but fun. I was singing at the 9 and 11 services with the Women's Ensemble and so I drove the truck to get there early. Chris and Aidan would get there later for Sunday School and service. Unfortunately, I had the only key for the rental car and so poor Chris and Aidan were stranded at home. Because I was singing in both services, I did not have enough time to drive 20 minutes home and 20 minutes back. Oh well, what do you do? When I got home, we went over to my sister's house and had the guys go pick up some Chinese food for lunch. Yummy! When we got back home later that day, we got to work in the yard. Now, some of you may be wondering why I was working in the yard on Mother's Day, but it is very therapeutic for me. That is as long as it is not too hot and I am not having to keep an eye on Aidan as well (Chris took that job). Fantastic!
Anyway, I hope all you mothers had a great Mother's Day. I know I did!
Monday, May 12, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comment:
Haha - I wound up working in the yard later that day on monther's day too! Love ya sis - see you Monday. :) - Rachel
Post a Comment