Yesterday ended up being a number of oops moments. You know, one of those moments when you suddenly realize that your child can do some things that you otherwise did not believe he could. I am going to only name one to save face. Ha ha.
Aidan has really been wanting to be outside a lot lately and so I have been spending some time out back with him. Our back doors are large glass sliding doors that Aidan thinks is fun to open and close. He will open them, go inside, close them. Open them, go outside, close them. Just as I was thinking that he probably should stop doing that with how hot it is getting - help our poor small AC unit by keeping that cool air in as much as possible- there is silence and then some whining. I look over and Aidan has gone back in, locked the door and lowered the security bar in place. I am locked outside and he is locked inside. Hmm. I could have panicked, and I am so proud that I didn't. I calmly pointed to the bar and walked him through the steps to unlock and open the door. The surprising part is that he listened and managed very quickly to get it open. Thank goodness because panic would have set in after a few more minutes.
Note to self: Aidan likes locks (can be very bad and/or very good). :-)
Wednesday, May 21, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comment:
ha! That's hilarious! I totally would've panicked..way to go my friend!
Post a Comment