
This past weekend marked an important event. We converted Aidan's crib to a toddler bed. I would have loved to put this off. However, Aidan has started to climb out and because how our crib is designed, there is a round beam in the front on the top that causes him to flip out. Last week I caught him mid-flip as he was about to land on his head. I decided that for my peace of mind, it was time.
Aidan likes to play in it, but has put up a fight when we try to get him settled in it. We ended up just closing the door and putting a child safety door handle on the inside. Some of you may be gasping right now. It just works for us with how Aidan works.
Each night we close the door, he screams, and then he will get back into bed and fall asleep. The first four nights were a bit rough. He woke up all night long crying for pretty long periods. However, we have now had two nights of solid sleep. Yeah! He is still fighting the settling down process though. He sometimes won't even let us read to him or sing to him. I guess like everything else, it will just take some time.




2 comments:
It sounds like things are going well -- I'm glad he's sleeping in the bed and not on the floor (or the slide or the bookcase...). I know you probably don't want to risk it, but I think you should sneak in after he's asleep and take a pic!
Glad he is adjusting to his new bed. When Bailey first got his toddler bed he spent weeks sleeping on the floor! I hope the nights of sleep continue!
Post a Comment