Aidan has been playing around lately with the idea of standing alone. This past weekend, he really took to it and on Saturday evening, all he wanted to do was stand, sit down, give me a high-five and do it all over again. It was too cute! Chris managed to take a couple pictures of him standing. We will have to work on getting one of him looking at the camera! Of course, like all new things, Aidan practices and practices and practices. He is already getting much better and has gained enough confidence in himself that he has started to "walk" with his walker all over the house. This includes over all the tile we have everywhere. So surprising, because just a few days ago, if we weren't there to steady it, the walker would go too fast for him on that slick surface and go shooting away from him. This walker has become his favorite toy right now - thank you Michelle!!! My previous desire of him holding out and not walking until after his birthday? Hmm. . . at the rate he is going right now, we will have to see.


As for meal time with Aidan, things have definitely been changing. We have officially started the weaning process and I am doing better than I thought I would. And Aidan? We haven't started changing the really important feedings yet, but so far so good. As for solids, we are starting to buy less and less baby food and have started to cut up fruit and veggies for him. His favorite things are sliced bananas, peaches and nectarines. He also really likes cooked carrots and these funny meat sticks made by Gerber, thanks to a friend's recommendation. Oh, he also enjoys pasta - as he was devouring MY pasta for lunch today. I guess we can share. :-) With all the new "finger foods" we have been introducing, I have started to notice him being either a little impatient or acting bored lately with the foods that I feed him. Independence, here we come! Oh, and did I say messy?






2 comments:
Big milestones happening--that's so fun and exciting!
Oh my gosh he is growing up!!! It is so fun to watch all the new things he is doing from week to week!
Post a Comment