Monday, April 09, 2007

Aidan's First Easter




This past weekend was a whirlwind. We got to do a lot of yarwork, finishing unpacking and organizing our den, entertain family and friends at our house, and celebrate Easter over at my parent's house. It was a blast!

Since we are still in the middle of finding our new church home, we spent the night with my parents and went to church with them. Aidan, of course, looked adorable, but did his usual nursery screaming thing. I ended up spending most of the service in there with him. I do think he is getting much better as he started to ignore me and play with all the toys and with the other babies. Maybe a few more tries and I will actually be able to sit in on a whole service. :-) Then, we went back to their house and cooked a great meal, ate a ton of sugar and played a card game - I think I am still stuffed this morning.

When Chris, Aidan and I came home that evening, Mel Gibson's movie The Passion was on. What a wonderful way to end Easter Sunday - with a powerful reminder of what this day is all about. Ressurection Day! AMEN!!!

1 comment:

Julie said...

Glad y'all had a great Easter! Aidan looked cute in his Easter outfit. I am not sure I got any pictures! I can't believe it! I guess we were too busy traveling between families.Bailey managed to grap plastic eggs, pull the candy out, throw the egg and keep the candy. We can't wait to see y'all next month!!!!