Monday, March 26, 2007

We're back!

Well, it has been nearly a month since I last updated this blog, although it seems much shorter than that. So much has happened that I almost don't know where to begin.

We ended up moving into our house the first weekend of March and LOVE it. It just suits us. I have realized these last three weeks just how much, or little, you can get done while entertaining and keeping tabs on an eight month old baby. Let's just say it has taken much longer than I had anticipated to unpack and get settled. Although, it is starting to look put together, we still do have some boxes strategically hidden in the back of a few of our closets. Maybe they will stay hidden for a while. :-)

Then, the weekend after we moved, we went to visit my brother, Craig, and his family in the Austin area. We had a fantastic time relaxing and letting all the cousins play with one another. We were also able to celebrate my mom's and Kati's (my sister-in-law) birthdays with a fabulous grilled feast. I think that was just about the best meal I have had in a LONG, LONG time. No kidding! The only downside to the weekend was that Aidan barely slept, which got him a bit cranky. We were still able to get some cute photos though. I think the move and then the travel was a bit too much for him. He is starting to get back to himself though.

During these last few weeks, Aidan and I have been to several play dates with some friends of mine and their little ones. In the beginning, these days were more for the mothers. Now, I think Aidan is starting to truly enjoy playing with his friends and their toys. These babies are starting to entertain us by their adorable interactions with one another. We do have to stay close because you never know when one will decide a finger looks tasty or decide to explore whether or not some hair or an ear is actually attached. :-)

As for changes with Aidan, he officially has two bottom teeth, he has begun to pull-up onto furniture and cruise around the coffee table, and has decided to finally crawl. He has been army crawling, as we call it, on his belly for a while now. Poor Aidan got some sores on his toes while jumping in a jumper on our tile (those little toes are so tender). He then found it hard to army crawl without being able to push off with his feet very well. Thus, he discovered true crawling. He gets around much faster now. In fact, his new game is to escape from me (during diaper changes, clothing changes, bath drying, etc.) and head for any exit/doorway, laughing and giggling the entire time. So precious!!! We will have to see how long I think it is precious.

We have had a great couple of weeks in our new home, experiencing some new things with Aidan, visiting family and getting to catch up with some old friends (my best friend from high school and college, Heather, came by this past weekend - what a treat!). I have loved almost every minute of it.

1 comment:

Julie said...

Great catching up yesterday. Can't wait to see the new house!