Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Some big news.

I believe most of you know that we have been in the process of purchasing our first home in Humble, TX. It has been a long time coming. Therefore, I wanted to let everyone know that it is final. Chris, Aidan and I closed on our house this morning and everything went great! Unfortunately, we have to wait til this weekend to start moving as the previous owner had requested a few more days to finish moving out and cleaning. It was a bit sad that we couldn't get our keys and drive right over. We have waited this long, we can certainly wait a bit longer. So instead, we went out and bought a few necessities for the house (ie. a new refrigerator and area rug for the tiled living room). Needless to say, we are all tired and worn out from this big day.

This week has also been productive for Aidan. This past Sunday, Chris watched Aidan while I went to a baby shower. When it was time for his nap, Chris put Aidan down in his crib. Well, Aidan decided he wasn't tired and wanted to let Chris know all about it. When Chris went in to check on him, Aidan was standing up against the railing! Since then, he has pulled himself up on several occasions. It is really impressive how he pulls himself from his belly to his knees and onto his feet, especially for such a little guy. We are still waiting on the crawling though. He pretty much inch-worms around and has just recently started to get on his hands and knees, but uses that position to propel himself forward onto his belly. :-) I have a feeling it will be any day now.

Here are some pictures of Aidan playing around. Isn't he adorable? The last one is him munching on "his" remote. We have given him one of ours that no longer works. Who needs all those toys, when he has access to the all important and entertaining remote!



3 comments:

The Beasley's said...

Hooray for ya'll living SO close! We're going to have such fun times!! I'm glad closing on your house went well, and I can't wait to come by and check out the new place. Congratulations :-)

Julie said...

Congrats again on the house- can't wait to see it!

Ashley said...

I'm SO excited for yall!! I hope moving hasn't been too stressful, especially having to keep up with that cutie of yours! no, not chris... ha! we'll talk to ya soon.