Aidan turned nine months this Easter Sunday. So, I thought I would update you all on some of the things he has accomplished. He has really started to entertain Chris and I this past month - not that he didn't before. As you probably know from one of my previous posts, Aidan has discovered crawling as a means to get around. He seems to be getting faster and faster every day. In fact, with this new found independence, I have seen the little sneaky side of Aidan. He seems to be fascinated with overturning Ginger's water bowl. He will crawl along and then at the last minute make a bee line towards it - at warp speed. It cracks me up - he is so determined. We have had to make several changes of clothes because of this new fascination.
He has also started to cruise (walk along our furniture) and is starting to get very competent at that as well. You can just tell by the look on his face that he is so proud of himself. With him being able to get around and explore, we have started to use the word "no". I think he now knows what it means, but still thinks it is quite funny to continue with what he is doing. For example, we have a picture screen in our living room and he can look at it, but for obvious reasons, we do not want him "pulling up" on it. When I tell him "no", he will pause, look at me, smile, and still reach up to pull himself up. Could he be testing me? I guess it has already begun.
Aidan also has gotten his top two teeth. That makes four for those who are counting. Now that he has the top and bottom teeth, he seems to like to bite things more, including me. Oh the joys of teaching a nine month old what is bad behavior. If anyone has any ideas, please let me know. :-)




1 comment:
Believe me, he knows what "no" means. Bailey does the exact same thing. We spank his hand and say "no" for things that could hurt him (trying to climb in the fire place, pulling the lamp cord out of the outlet, etc.). Bailey is into temper tantrums too. He will throw himself on the floor screaming. We just walk away and it seems to work.
Aidan still has so much hair! We can't wait to see him next month and get to witness all of his new skills!
Post a Comment