Saturday, April 21, 2007

On to different things.

Well, these past few weeks have been a little different for me. I am starting a new venture in my career with Aflac as a recruiter. I am still taking care of my current accounts though and have just added this to the mix. The great thing about this is that it allows me to continue to work from home (the recuiting part about 6-10 hours per week), which allows me to still be able to focus most of my time on being a mom. I know that may seem like very little time, but when you are chasing after a nine-month old who is babbling and squealing as he roams from room to room getting into mischief, those hours are precious. Most of my time is spent on the phone, and so I have to schedule it around his naps, or when he is happily playing in his room. Thankfully, Aidan's morning nap pretty routinely lasts about 2 hours and this is when I get most of my work done. It has been going really well thus far and I have been enjoying the challenge of it. Sometimes it feels like my brain has been in slow motion since I got pregnant and this has jump started it.

All that being said, we have still had a very active couple of weeks. We have been on several play dates, including a little road trip with Kim and Caleb to shop at the Outlet Mall in Conroe. These next pictures are right before we left for Conroe. Aidan and Caleb were playing together on Aidan's new "table of fun" as I call it. The second picture is of Aidan kind of head butting Caleb. This is something new he is doing. Hmm . . . interesting.




Now that Aidan is getting faster and more confident in crawling and exploring, he has taken a real interest in Ginger and will follow her around the house. Ginger adores Aidan, but when Aidan gets really excited and starts speeding towards her, Ginger quickly seeks a safe distance. It really is cute to watch. Aidan has also discovered he is tall enough now to reach up and try to get to things. He has always loved the TV and has now started to get up close and personal.




This last picture is a great picture I took of Aidan and Paw-Paw at the family "homecoming" in Huntington last weekend. Aidan got to meet a lot of family. Unfortunately, he was very unsure of his surroundings and was being a total mamma's boy. Thankfully, he still managed to calm down long enough for Paw-Paw to hold him for a few minutes. Excuse the orange nose. That boy eats one thing of Sweet Potatoes, which happens to be his favorite, and the next thing we know, he has a bright orange nose for a day or two.

2 comments:

Julie said...

Bailey has that same learning table (table of fun) and still loves it! So, Aidan is head butting? I guess I will get Bailey a helmet for the weekend you guys will be here:)...Be sure to bring tons of pictures of your house when you come!

The Eges said...

I love those pictures of Caleb & Aidan. I know it is harder to watch a child who moves around all the time (as I have now found out), but Aidan is so cute when he is exploring!