Saturday, February 13, 2010

My Birthday

The day before the baptisms was also my birthday. Shall we say a lot of celebrating? This year's birthday was much better. I think not going up a decade, being uncomfortably 8 1/2 months pregnant and not being able to usher it in the way I would normally want helped.

We woke up and spent the morning cleaning up a little, getting ready for the next day's festivities, and then lounged a bit. After lunch time we headed over to my parent's house. We were welcomed by a very excited Kaetlyn wishing me happy birthday and telling me all they got for my birthday party. I got to wear a very special birthday girl hat. Somehow I "forgot" to take that picture. Ha ha! I really did forget to pull out the camera.

We hung around while dinner was being prepared. Lasagna, Alfredo noodles, salad and bread. Yummy! Then we had a strawberry cake and Peanut butter pie for dessert. Double yum!! I also got showered with gifts from everyone. What a way to feel special! Thanks everyone!!

After dinner the guys were lounging in the living room watching TV and the girls were in the kitchen straightening up. I went to check on the kids and saw Aidan and Kaetlyn carrying something to the dining room. I followed and found this:




They both decided that it would be fun to build a fort out of pop pop's books under the table. They literally unloaded 3-4 VERY organized shelves of books. We thought it was pretty funny and then told them they needed to put them back. Pop pop got whiff of what was going on and was . . . shall we say a bit disappointed in his grand kids for creating the mess out of his books. Oops. They apologized and helped Pop pop bring the books back into the study and then he spent a little while reorganizing them. What were they thinking, really? Who knows. I got some laughs out of that one though.

All in all, it was a great celebration.

The only other pictures I took that night was of the babies. I need to get better at this!! Logan loves playing peek-a-boo with bowls.


Here is adorable CJ. He is getting so big and I can't ever get over his big blue eyes!

1 comment:

Carrie Murphy said...

That's a mighty cute outfit Logan has on. I wonder who bought that for him??