Thursday, February 18, 2010

Balympics

We have been doing a lot of TV watching this week due to the Olympics, or "Balympics" as Aidan calls them. We are HUGE fans at our house. I think Aidan loves them almost more than we do. He gets all excited and really loves watching the speed skaters the best. However, he has discovered the downhill skiing and snowboarders from last night. He loves when anyone goes "super fast" or "flips", which happens a lot in the winter Olympics.

We have watched the figure skating when it has been on as well. Aidan always has comments on if he likes the music or not. Most the time he does not. HA! Anyway, yesterday we were watching the recorded men's short program, because it continues past his bedtime and he does have to sleep you know. He turned to me and asked, "Mommy, they aren't holding the girls?" I just thought it was too funny. He was really concerned about the where the girls were. So I had to explain to him the different categories.

It is going to be a sad day in our house when the Olympics are over. We are going to have to go on Balympics detox!

1 comment:

Paul and Candice said...

We're enjoying the Balympics over here, too! I cracked up at him asking about the guys not holding the girls! Good observation, Aiden!

Maybe you should record some of them to pull out later when you need it:) That's what we do with UT football games and Astros games...Paul David doesn't seem to notice!