Thursday, June 25, 2009

AC Update. ARGGG!

Okay, so we have a mystery problem. We were told new duct work would help - it didn't really. Then we needed a larger outside ac unit, which we put in - still not helping. After a tech came out and looked at everything, we were told the units are running well and there are no leaks anywhere. They can't find a problem.

So, where's the problem you ask? Why is it still 79-80 degrees in our house after spending a fortune? And, why is our unit shutting off at 76 when the ac tech guy cranks it down to 69? Evidently that is a good question.


Everyone's guess?

Need more insulation in attic - another fortune if we hire it out.

Old house - old windows, leaks in doors and through attic door.

Need new thermostat - which is new and was placed in with our new duct work.


I have come to find out that pin-pointing a problem with your ac is not an exact science. So, we are getting that new front door replaced, going to replace the batteries in our new thermostat and maybe even replace it to see if it is faulty. Then in the fall we will get new insulation and some thing called an attic tent to prevent our unit from sucking in and trying to cool the hot attic air. Then, we will see.

All I can say is ARRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh, to cap off this crazy week, the beautiful plate I painted at the Mudpie that had both of my boys feet prints on it cracked and broke in the kiln. It took me THREE trips to finish that bad boy!

Again, AAARRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Aidan is still sick and needy, Logan is suffering these last two days (and thus, so am I) because I just found out the WONDERFUL new coffee I just bought and have been using these last two days actually has some chocolate in it ( a no-no in my diet while I am nursing) and Chris has been working really late all week.

Okay, deep breaths. I am okay. Thanks for letting me get that all out.

2 comments:

The Pences said...

Oh poor Theresa!! If you decide you want a different A/C guy to come out, we can recommend someone. Sooooo sad about the plate at Mudpie -- are you going to try to do another one? If so, after you get the boys' prints on, you could leave them here for some alone painting -- we love the company! And we're not too far from Mudpie. I'm glad you figured out about the coffee; hopefully Logan will be feeling good soon.

McElroy Family Happenings said...

Oh...your A/C tibulations are troubling to me. We will definitely need a new A/C system soon and I would hope it would cool this house better than the current junker we have.

Not that you have this issue...I'm just yapping...but someone warned me not to get a unit too big and powerful and efficient. Otheriwse it won't run long enough to pull the humidity out of the house. Yuck! That would make me really mad. I hate humidity!