Saturday, December 13, 2008

A change is coming.

Even though nothing has been said here on the blog, I think the majority of people know that Chris was let go from his firm in October. They basically shut down the Houston office, letting the receptionist and assistants go earlier on and then moved onto Chris. It was somewhat foreseeable yet was obviously still disappointing and nerve wrecking when it hit Chris. Not to mention the time of year that it happened - right after Hurricane Ike and when our economy seemed to go belly up.

During this time of upheaval, we have seen so many blessings come our way. We have had what only can be described as miracles, gifts from God through people, that have kept us afloat. And, of course these surprises have always come at the most needed times. Praise God and thank you! We have also been able to get some temporary assistance with some of our basic bills and have cut back on other things. Another Praise God!! It really surprised us how much companies are willing to help in times of need.

Even more surprising to us is how well we have taken this time. Yes, there have been some rough days or moments. Of course, it doesn't help that I am pregnant with all these hormones all crazed anyway and that it happened right before the holiday season. However, maybe it did help things that it was right smack in the middle of the holidays. It gave us something else to think about and focus on. Both Aidan and I have actually LOVED having Chris at home with us. We wish it didn't have to happen at all, but it did so we made the most of it. I have to admit that I was a bit worried that with all the stress and Chris being around all day, everyday we would clash quite often. I think since October we got in one rift. That is it!! Not bad, I say. During these last couple of months, Chris has been the biggest help around the house and boy has Aidan bonded with his Daddy. Aidan used to be such a mamma's boy, good and bad. Now he has turned into a Daddy's boy most days. It really is quite cute and has been nice for me to get that break and see them bond. It is also good timing with this new one coming soon.

This all being said, both Aidan and I are going to have some serious Chris withdrawals come Monday when Chris starts his new job. We are truly excited about this opportunity and that he will be bringing in a paycheck again, but will dearly miss him at home. He has been such a huge help around here as I have gotten larger and more uncomfortable. I have loved all of us hopping in the car to go to the park in the morning in the middle of the week. I have loved that I have had help cleaning and straightening the house, doing laundry (okay not so much of this, but he has helped some! :), him watching Aidan for me as I needed extra watch time during these busy Aflac work weeks, help with dropping Aidan off or picking him up from school, Chris being there during the school parties, eating almost every meal together at our table (a big one), having the option to go to the grocery store without little hands helping me and not always during those precious few hours when Aidan is at school, watching movies together, sleeping in a little and not rushing around in the morning. I think I could go on and on. The time has been fast and great in a lot of ways. However, we are both ready for him start work too.

I am asking everyone to please pray for us during this transition. We are excited about it, yet know it is going to be hard on all of us in the beginning. Especially Aidan. He has LOVED his Daddy being here at home so much. Thank you everyone for your continued prayers and support during this time. We have felt and seen God's hands in all of this and have felt and seen support and compassion from our friends and family. We are truly blessed!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wow, God's blessings can truly be found everywhere for those who want to see them. Awesome. I'm so happy for you guys, we'll keep you in our prayers.