Monday, May 24, 2010

Mommy and Aidan

Sunday afternoon I had a very special afternoon. Aidan and I went and had some special time together. I had heard some great things about a new movie out: "How To Train A Dragon", and I decided to take him to see it.

Aidan really liked the movie, but probably the whole movie theater experience even better. There was a kind of slow point during the movie and he turned to me and said, "Mommy, it's time to leave." HA HA!! Within a few minutes it had picked back up and he was fascinated again. He was really cute sitting there on the booster with his kid's snack pack in his lap. I had my camera and so forgot to take a picture of it. Darn it! By the end of the movie he had curled up on my lap because he was cold. What a treat for mommy!! Aidan is getting so big these days.

This was Aidan's second time to the movie theater. We took him before he turned two to see "Horton Hears a Who" with our friends, the Newtons, in Fort Worth. Wow - still surprised we haven't been more! I think he was more fascinated with that movie even more. So, we have had two very good movie experiences. I think Chris is going to take him when Toy Story 3 comes out here in a little bit.

After the movie, we went and shared an ice cream cone. We had a great time and neither one of us was hungry for dinner - surprise! Now, if only I could erase the memory of the temper tantrum (caused by all the sugar and being tired) when we were leaving. Oh well. I will just have to pretend that didn't happen. :)

No comments: