Sunday, April 25, 2010

Our weekend

Aidan went to spend some quality time with his grandparents as well as my brother's family. They went camping/4-wheeling. Craig and his wife Kati both race them and this weekend was a race weekend. Chris and I both had obligations at the church and that is when my parent's offered to take Aidan with them - he LOVES 4 wheelers. We said yes, but not before Chris got together a medical release for them just in case. (Scary thought!)

So, Chris and I were envisioning a quiet nice weekend with just Logan. EASY!! At least it would have been, but poor Logan woke up not feeling well Saturday. We honestly didn't think it was too bad, so we went and ran a few errands (went by Chris' new office - LOVE it!!). When we got home and took Logan out of the car seat, he was BURNING up. I quickly took his temperature, which was sitting at 104.5. Before I freaked out too much, we stripped him and ran a cold bath. He sat there screaming and shivering. It was awful, but I knew it had to be done. Thank goodness his temp settled back down in the much more controllable 102 range. So, it was medicine and bed for little man.

I ended up going to church today because the Women's Ensemble I am apart of was singing, so Chris stayed home with Logan. Then Chris went to practice for another choral group we are both a part of and I stayed home with Logan and put him to bed early.

Chris is on his way to pick up Aidan as we speak. I spoke to him and my mom on the phone a few minutes ago and it sounds like he had a blast riding, chowing on snack foods and playing with his cousins and some other kids around the place. I am so happy he was able to go! I think in a few years we may have to get in on this 4-wheeling too!!

But mostly I am thankful for my family who takes such good care of him and that he is coming home a little sun-kissed and bruised from playing around with the other kids, but safe.

No comments: