Tuesday, May 05, 2009

Two Months Old

Logan is two months old today. Wow! And boy has he changed. Once I get the technical issues I have been having figured out, I will post pictures.

We haven't gone to the doctor for his shots yet as I am unsure how serious to take this flu thing. Should I risk it and wait in the waiting room with Logan amongst possible carriers? I think I will wait a week and see how things are going.

We did go to the doctor last week for some congestion though. Last Monday Logan weighed in at 11 pounds 11 ounces and 23 3/4 inches. I was a bit shocked!! He is larger than Aidan was at this time by quite a bit and Aidan was a whole pound heavier and over an inch longer at birth. Evidently he is getting enough to eat. You can see it when he is just in his diaper because he is starting to get a few rolls - something Aidan never came close to having. Aidan was so lean as a baby.

Logan is adjusting pretty well to life outside mommy. He eats exceptionally well and fast (thank goodness!), he sleeps well and is not as fussy/gassy as he was in the beginning. I have figured out some of the things I had been eating was causing him to be extra gassy - so no onions, bell peppers, beans or chocolate for a while. Yup, I said chocolate. I discovered that one a few days before Easter. Depressing.

Aidan has had some issues adjusting to little brother's arrival. He has been acting out in a physical way and sadly got sent to the Director's office at his preschool program for acting out on one of his friends. Thankfully things are starting to look up on that front and now we are working on how he talks to us. Oh the joys!! I am happy to say that Aidan has not acted out with Logan. We are not out of the woods yet, but I am feeling much better about it.

Anyway, we are at home these next couple weeks due to everything being canceled with this swine flu scare. I was really looking forward to him being in school too because he had some bug and missed all of last week. Oh well. We will get over it and move on.

3 comments:

The Pences said...

I say go to the doctor. When you do, put Logan in the sling and don't let anybody touch him or peek at him. Leave Aidan with somebody so you're not having to chase him. I'll watch him, happily! Though I know we're not exactly on your way to the doctor.
Come to think of it, we have our 4 month check up, um... next week. Whoa.

Carrie Murphy said...

the director's office?? what a rebel!

Paul and Candice said...

Aidan sounds like Paul David as a baby...he was always very lean, too. This baby looks chubbier, so I wonder if he/she will be like Logan. How weird would that be???