Chris ended up taking off a few days before the party and so we worked on getting ready for the party, but also took Aidan to The Childrens' Museum and out to eat at Red Lobster on his actual birthday. Aidan really liked the fish in the aquariums and even got to touch a real lobster! Who would have thought Red Lobster would have been so entertaining. I mean, I was really hoping, but you just never know with a two year old. These are some pictures of him opening his gift from us (tents and tunnels) as well as some great pics from the museum.






Saturday, the 12th was the big family and friend celebration. We just had it at home, but unlike last year, the weather cooperated so we were able to spread outside too. I think I counted 45 people, 15 of whom were children. CRAZY, especially for our small house. It was a blast and Aidan certainly enjoyed it better than last year. At his first birthday, he was tired from not sleeping well the night before and was so unsure of everything. The poor little man burst into tears when we sang to him. This time around, he ran around playing with all the other kids and really enjoyed all the food, including the hot dogs. I think the best part of it for him was the presents. He really liked opening them, then got really into helping his daddy bring the presents over to the living room. Can we say distraction? It was a hoot! Here are some pictures during the festivities.







Finally, these are a couple really funny shots of him eating one of his cupcakes the next day. :-) He went straight to the bathtub after this!


Aidan got royally spoiled and we realize that there are a lot of people who love him. We want to thank everybody for coming and celebrating this special day with us.




1 comment:
Those cupcake pictures look like he has a goatee- very cute! You guys put on a fabulous party - I had a very full plate of tasty food (in my defense some of it was for the kids - yeah right!) Thanks again for having us!
Post a Comment