I love showers anyway, but there is just something about little baby girl showers, with all that pink, or should I say purple and brown. :-) The shower was a hit. Kim received some necessities and then of course she got lots of fun girlie things.
Anyway, one of my duties for the shower, which I volunteered for, was to take care of the cake. I decided that I would actually make it myself. So, I have been gradually collecting the supplies that I would need and officially started the cake on Thursday. On Friday I iced it and did most of the decorations on it. Then, this morning I finished it. I am quite impressed with myself for being somewhat of a beginner at this. I wanted to post some pictures of the final product, mainly for some family who wanted to see it and were unable to attend the shower. Here are the cakes (yes, I made two just in case).


This is a picture of Kim and all the hostesses. What a great bunch - don't you think?




5 comments:
Fabulous cake! It tasted great and look BEAUTIFUL! On a side note, could I look like any more of a dork in that hostess picture?...why am I standing so far away from you? I look out of place, I must say :-)
i'm impressed with the cake! great job!
Good job on the cakes,sis! I'm jealous :-)
Sorry I couldn't make it! love ya, Rachel
Good job on the cakes,sis! I'm jealous :-)
Sorry I couldn't make it! love ya, Rachel
how beautiful! great job:) tiff
Post a Comment