Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Long time coming - again!

Hello everybody! It is hard to believe that this month is already almost over - where did it go? It has been another month of recovering from yet another small round of sickness (on and around Valentine's Day - how romantic!). Yet we have been pretty well since then (knock on wood).

My days during the week primarily consist of playing with Aidan, running errands, taking care of the house, going to bible study on Wednesday mornings (love!!) and getting some actual Aflac work done during the two days Aidan is in Mother's Day Out. We have gotten on a nice little schedule now that we have been well and I am feeling like I am almost back on track. That being said, I again realized I have fallen short on my blogging responsibility (hee hee) and needed to update everybody on things.

Here are the two newest things that have happened: 1. I have officially ordered our video camera - it is on it's way to us and I am thrilled! 2. Chris and I joined a gym - and I am also THRILLED about it!!! Yeah!!!! We used to be in pretty good shape up in Lubbock since we were able to go the Texas Techs Gym. I am hoping we will be able to stay consistent now that we have Aidan in tow. He seems to enjoy the childcare facility there. Just give this kid a ball and everything is right with the world. :-)

Aidan has seemed to turn a new leaf in regards to his attitude about things. He just seems like a much happier child. I contribute it to him being pretty much over (at least right now) with the whole teething issue. He went straight from unhappy due to reflux to unhappy due to teething and it has seemed to last until about now. He is also doing much better at Mother's Day Out and the nurseries. He before would always whine and cry for a while. Now there are times he actually just walks right in and starts playing. That is when I make a quick exit because if he looks back and I am still there - he will get upset. The Mother's Day Out teachers even mentioned to me a few weeks ago that he gets the award for most improved. YEAH!!

He is also keeping us busy running around and being a toddler. He is starting to say all sorts of fun things - which I will catch on our new video camera and post - and really loves playing around with Ginger. In fact, I am posting some pictures of Aidan "walking" Ginger around our house. We went for a meander around our neighborhood and when we got back, Aidan got hold of Ginger's leash before I had time to take it off. Ginger was so sweet and just followed him around and around and around. This probably lasted for about 20 minutes. It ended with Ginger starting to pull Aidan around. Aidan was not as happy with following as he was leading. Hmm - something to work on. :-)







Right now, Aidan's new favorite thing is the blue balloon that we got at his friend, Joanna's, birthday party this past weekend. He is still playing with it, kicking it, throwing it, antagonizing Ginger with it, etc. Now I know what I need to buy stock in!

Well that is pretty much what has been going on over at our house. Please pray for continued good health over here!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so proud of Aidan's award at MDO! That's too funny.. I have noticed him crying less when yall come over! And I love the pics of him walking Ginger.. too cute!

Love ya!
Julia

The Beasley's said...

That is the sweetest, cutest little thing on earth! I love it! How sweet of Ginger..I hope one day Sandy will be that understanding :-)