We had a great summer - a busy one. However, by the time August came, all the busy activities we had going came to a halt. And, let's just say that we need "busyness" in our lives to keep us all happy. A few days of nothing is really all we need. :)
So, we couldn't be happier about school starting up again. Aidan really missed it this summer and this year Logan gets to join in the fun. WOO HOO!! I mean, tear. HA! Don't get me wrong, when I dropped Logan off at his room, there were some very sad thoughts running through my mind. Especially when he was not very happy to be dropped off, which I think was because there were so many not happy one-year-olds in that room.
Here they are leaving the house on their first day. Neither one was REALLY cooperating at the same time so I took several shots.
Getting ready to walk in.
It has been two weeks and everyone is thrilled. Logan just walks right in and seems to really love it. Aidan is happy as a clam to be around some old and new friends and really thrives in the routine of school. I am able to get things done around the house, run errands and do some work with both Aflac and Willow House (AKA Southern Living At HOME).
As for what happened between Aidan's birthday and September, too many things. I just thought I would go ahead and list some of the "big" things and throw in a few random blog posts here and there showing some of the pictures. So, here it goes:
July: Aidan's party, Aidan's swim lessons and gymnastics continued, Willow House Convention (so much fun!), Willow House parties, Chris and I celebrated our 11th anniversary on July 24th, and helped host Amy's baby shower.
August: Willow House parties, cousin baby Katelyn and Alyx's birthday parties, MAD week at church (music and drama week at church - basically similar to VBS), and helped host Jessica's baby shower.
September: Willow House parties, School started, Young Mom's Bible Study started, Lamar University's Football games began and we ended up traveling to Lake Charles to go to the very first game of the season, Women's and Men's Ensembles begin (YAY!), Sola Gratia (Women's Ensemble) day Retreat, Chris joined a church softball league that plays on Friday nights, and Aidan's soccer season bagan! Whew - and it is only half over. Yikes! We are busy people!
That's it for now.




No comments:
Post a Comment