Sunday, March 30, 2008

Rucker Wedding/Easter Weekend

First things first. We had another bout of sickness at our house the week before Easter. I believe it was some sort of BAD bug or a version of the flu. Aidan began with it (a fever and cold symptoms), I got it the next day, and Chris got it the Friday before Easter, which also happened to be the day of Chris' dad's wedding rehearsal. He actually had the highest temperature - 103.6!! Luckily he took some medicine and it quickly came down and stayed down.

We left for Beaumont later that morning to make it in plenty of time before the rehearsal, hoping that this would help Aidan be in a good mood. Brace yourself for what is about to come . . . my child was replaced for pretty much the duration of the wedding festivities and Easter by an extremely, EXTREMELY whiny, fidgety and misbehaving child. Now, as some may already know, Aidan does have his trying moments, but this "topped the cake" so to speak. Luckily, my mother was there and took care of him during the ceremony and most of the reception. I honestly have no idea how I would have managed with out her that evening. The original plan was for him to walk down the aisle with Chris and I. Then, a few minutes into the ceremony, my mom would take him out. Suffice it to say, Aidan did not even make an appearance walking down the aisle. He did surface during the pictures and had a few minutes of relative happy moments that quickly dissolved. Oh well, I guess the week of being sick and all the craziness of that weekend was a little more than he could handle.

The ceremony was lovely. Tina, the bride and Chris' new step-mother as he jokingly called her, was beautiful. Don was handsome as ever and it was a very sweet evening. I am glad that I was not too distracted by Aidan to be able to enjoy it.

Easter Sunday we went to church with the Beaumont family, made a stop by Granny's house and ended up over at the Bean's house for lunch. Aidan really started to enjoy himself throwing those plastic eggs everywhere. I don't think he realized exactly what was in them until the end when someone unwrapped some of the chocolate candy. Then, he was more interested in the contents. We left just in time to make it back to our house and unpack the car before my parents, Rachel and Alyx came over for dinner. We finished the evening with watching "The Passion". Aidan had his final meltdown during the end of it and he was off to bed.

The next day I decided to let him sleep in and keep him home from Mother's Day Out. He made a miraculous recovery and was very quickly back to himself, for those of you who were concerned. :-) All I can say afterwards, is that it was one CRAZY weekend!!

Here are some random pictures:

No comments: