Thank goodness I felt well enough Tuesday night to go to my niece's concert. Alyx plays the French Horn at her school and they were giving their Christmas concert. It was great! What a change last year, where they were all just beginners. It is amazing how quickly they pick these instruments up! We brought Aidan with us and of course he was keeping us entertained while we were waiting for them to begin. He seemed interested in the music, but perhaps more in grinning over at Aunt Rachel and Grandma. What a ham!


This morning Aidan and I got out of the house early to do some shoe shopping for him. I have discovered that he has to be there with me to try them on, as there are very few stores that carry shoes that actually fit him (he was measured as a 6 1/2 wide to extra wide). He has some pretty cute chubby feet!! We got to the mall early (around 9 am) only to discover that the department stores were open but the other stores were not. We browsed for a while, quickly realizing that the dept. stores did not carry much that would fit Aidan nor did they have the style I was looking for. With about 25 minutes to kill, we decided to venture into the play area. Normally there are way too many kids in there for my comfort level, but this turned out perfect as there was only one other child there who happened to be Aidan's age. We spent about 20 minutes playing and probably could have stayed for an hour. I still had my camera in the diaper bag from the night before, so I managed to take a few pictures between running spurts (I am finding it more and more difficult for that!). I guess I just need to get better at taking those "action" shots.


As you can tell, I am trying to keep this blog better updated now because I am sure I will fall behind again during Christmas and New Years. There, I gave you my warning!! :-)




1 comment:
I was just thinking in my head, "Wow, I haven't read TWO of your posts. You're really doing a lot." Then I read your last little paragraph, hehe. You are doing a fantastic job at keeping us updated, and I LOVE it! :-) Aidan's smile is so perfect...he's going to melt those girls hearts!
Post a Comment