Friday, January 12, 2007

6 months!



Aidan turned 6 months old on Monday! Wow - half a year already! I have thoroughly enjoyed it thus far and can't wait for the coming months where he will begin to crawl, talk, walk - you name it. I am so excited and eager for every new stage with him; however, at quiet moments where I am either rocking him or just watching him sleep, I crave for everything to just stand still. He is so precious and amazing - a true miracle. Can you imagine how I am going to be at the big milestones in his life? A mess, I tell you. But, what are mothers for?

Aidan is getting stronger and stronger every day. He has now started to pull himself up to a sitting position if he is laying back on a small incline. When Aidan does this, his face lights up (you can just tell how proud he is of himself). Adorable!!! He is also starting to balance a bit, but still falls over if he leans left or right too much. It is so much fun seeing all the new things he is doing. You can tell he is so anxious to be able to do things on his own and be able to move around. Yikes!!

I took Aidan to the doctor on Thursday for his next round of shots and for a check-up. It went pretty well, except Aidan really didn't care for the doctor looking in his ears - he just doesn't care for being messed with. Believe me, I know from experience. It is getting harder and harder lately to change him - especially with those long sleeves! Anyway, he is growing steadily. He weighs 16 pounds 2.5 ounces and is 27 1/2 inches in length. Still long and lean with being in 10-25th percentile in weight and 75th percentile in length. Exactly the same as last time.

We discussed getting him on a regular schedule with solids now that he is 6 months and the idea of it actually depressed me a bit. Some women have to start weaning their babies at this point because they start loosing their supply. I never thought I would be SO attached to nursing! Don't get me wrong, there are things about it that I really will not miss, but the bonding time makes up for every down side of it.

And, then the shots came. He SCREAMED, turned bright red and starting shaking. I hate that part of the visit almost as much as he probably does. However, I did remember to give him some Tylenol beforehand and he ended up calming down fairly quickly. The aftermath of these shots has been a little more trying than the previous ones. He has been fussing and has been fighting a fever. He has also been fighting his naps and so by the end of the day, he is just exhausted. Poor little guy. We are starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel though.

I have misplaced my camera, again. So, I will upload some new pictures of Aidan next time. Until then.

2 comments:

The Beasley's said...

I feel like it was just yesterday that I was visiting you in the hospital and holding NEW BORN Aidan! Time really does fly. I always love seeing him--he has the cutest smile ever :-)

Julie said...

It was great to talk to you today! I sypmathize with you about the changing becoming more difficult! I wish I could say it gets easier:) Sometimes I truly think Bailey is stronger than me! I feel like he and I are in a wrestling match every time I try and change his diaper or dress him!