Thursday, November 09, 2006

Four Months Old

Aidan turned 4 months old yesterday. It is amazing how he has changed in these past months. Everyday I look at him and see him doing new things or doing things better than he did the day before and with more confidence. I see this and know he is accomplishing so much and that he is growing daily, but I don't think it sinks in until we are at the doctor's office for Aidan's check-ups. I mean, am I really having the discussion about introducing solid foods already? Wasn't I just pregnant and he not even in this world yet? I am a little stunned.

The doctor's visit was successful, but stressful (shots - yeeks!). We found out Aidan is growing like a weed (tall like his daddy). He is 14 lbs. 2 oz. (only 25th percentile) and 26 inches long (75th-90th percentile). He is long, lean and doing great! He was also given his 4 mo. shots yesterday. I think it was a bit harder than his last ones because of a few factors: Chris was not there this time and I, in my haste to get there in plenty of time to feed him, forgot to give him his Tylenol. Realizing this on my way home from his appointment, I shed some tears of guilt along with Aidan's tears and wimpers from the back seat. It was a long ride home.

We are taking it easy today since Aidan has a little fever and had a rough afternoon and evening after his shots yesterday. I don't want to overdo it because I want him well for our Beaumont trip this weekend. Last time we visited, he was unhappy because of a growth spurt and, we believe, his reflux was peaking. Hopefully he will be a much happier little boy this time.

Until next time.

1 comment:

Julie said...

Where were the pictures? I want to see this little guy! Can you believe Aidan and Bailey's first holiday is just around the corner? I can't wait!