Every year I try to make something fun for the kids. This year I decided to make this scarecrow cake - pretty cute. Aidan really liked it.
This year Aidan decided (a while back) that he wanted to be Buzz Lightyear. I was slightly annoyed with the costume because the wings were separate and, honestly, they made the costume ("cartoon" as Aidan sometimes called it!). I think Aidan has put that thing on every day for the past three weeks - so worth it in the end! Until Logan tells me otherwise, which may be next year :), he wears the hand-me-down costumes. So, he was a pumpkin this year. I think it really suited him, plus it was a pretty easy costume for him.
I got this cute idea for ladybug wings from Willow House's blog (plateandpattern.com). I couldn't resist because Logan is a ladybug in his bug's class and I have fallen in love with my ladybug jewelry from Stella and Dot. It is a ladybug year! :) Here I am with the boys.
Aidan had a blast with brother Logan. It was really cute because they had a system. Aidan would knock and say "trick-or-treat" for both of them since Logan couldn't quite get it, and then they both would say "thank you and bye". They were adorable! Logan's "Tay Tuh" for thank you was a hit! I was also surprised we did not see any other Buzz Lightyears out and about.
As you can see, Chris got into the costumes. He was not planning on it, but when Aidan asked Chris what he was going to be, since I had something, Chris felt obligated to dress up. My mom has an assortment of costumes from all her old work Halloween contests. The ghost buster costume was pretty fab! He even had someone take a picture of him! HA!
In the beginning, we had to go with them to the door, but towards the end of Logan's night out, they got brave enough to do it all on their own! That is except for those "scary" houses, and there were quite a few of them.
At one point, Logan stopped, climbed in the stroller and announced that he was "done". Ha! Aidan was NOT. Thankfully my mom was willing to take Logan back to the house and Chris and I got to continue for a bit longer, and at a faster pace, with Aidan.
We have two FULL buckets of candy from the night. What are we going to do with it all?! Oh well, it was a fun evening and we are all exhausted from the activity




No comments:
Post a Comment