Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Tagged!

I have been "tagged" before and never got around to composing this list. So, Tiffany "tagged" me a few days ago and I thought I would go ahead and lay it all out for everyone. No promises that it will be all that interesting!

The Rules: 1. I have to post these rules before I give you the facts. 2. Each player starts with eight random facts/habits about themselves. 3. People who are tagged need to write their own blog (about their eight things) and post these rules. (**if you’re a non-blogger, you can email them!) 4. At the end of your blog, you need to choose eight people to get tagged and list their names. 5. Don’t forget to leave them a comment telling them they’re tagged, and to read your blog.

1. I was born in Couer d 'Alene, Idaho. My dad was relocated to San Bernadino, California before I turned one though. I still have family up there and every time I have to write down where I was born, I have to look up the spelling! :-) We moved to Texas when I was five and have stayed here since then. Because of this, Chris insists that I am not a true Texan. I beg to differ!

2. I grew up camping in the desert where my dad raced ATCs (3-Wheelers). It was such a huge passion for my family that a few years ago, my parents went out and bought themselves two ATVs (4-wheelers). We have gone out several times with them and even Aidan has gone for a small ride. I guess that would explain the mini 4-wheeler my parents got Aidan for his birthday. :-)

3. Anyone who knows me knows that I LOVE to sing. It is in my blood. My secret is that I have always been scared to death that I will forget the words any time I sing a solo. This is one of the main reasons why I did not go forward and get a music degree. I guess I am a bit of a coward.

4. When I was about 8 years old, I had to get a tetanus shot on New Years Eve because I sat on a huge nail. OUCH!!!

5. Chris and I met at a Michael W Smith concert that out friend, Heather, invited me to. Just a little over a year later, we finally started dating. In fact, he was kind enough to be my Prom date. I still have the pictures to prove it! The problem was that we had to keep it quiet for a few months because I was going on a Mission Trip that summer as a youth and he was going as a sponsor. By the end of the trip, everyone knew the truth.

6. I actually pulled the ultimate "no-no" one time when I asked a woman when she was due - she wasn't pregnant. In my defense, she was describing her previous pregnancy and was using present tense, not past tense. Still, I quickly apologized and retreated. Oops.

7. I am the main driver in the family. I have always loved to drive. I am also a horrible back-seat driver. I have driven Chris so crazy on numerous occasions that he has just decided that to keep us from fighting, either I need to drive, or I have to not pay that much attention when he is driving. I promise, he is not a bad driver. This is just the area where I become a complete control freak.

8. Last, I am scared of needles. I had to get over it a bit during my pregnancy with Aidan. Well, I don't know if I actually got over it so much as dealt with it. However, the idea of the Epidural NEVER scared me even though simple blood work freaked me out. Is that strange?

Okay, so I now tag Julie, Kim, Ashley, Amy, Jessica and Shaun. I think a couple of you have already done something similar to this, but thought I would invite all of you and whoever has the time and wants to do it can.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm terrified of needles too! I even pulled some relatively shady business to keep from having to be immunized again before going to A&M. It's crazy, but I can't help it!

Alisa

The Eges said...

I knew there was a reason I set up the comments on our blog to have to be approved before they were posted! I finally found one that needed to be rejected! But for the sake of our friendship, I will let it post! :)

Hmm... have I seen Aidan in a Texas Tech outfit? Or was that just t.t. on his shirt? ;)

Anonymous said...

We need some new pictures!!!